Famous Bird Quotes
(Through the night) a great many kinds of birds perch on a tree but in the morning they fly in all the ten directions. Why should we lament for that?
A bibliophile of little means is likely to suffer often. Books don’t slip from his hands but fly past him through the air, high as birds, high as prices.
– Pablo Neruda
A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
– Chinese Proverb
A hundred standing people smiling and talking to one another, nodding like gooney birds.
– William Cole
A moment, and its glory was no more. The sun went down beneath the long dark lines of hill and cloud which piled up in the west an airy city, wall heaped on wall, and battlement on battlement; the light was all withdrawn; the shining church turned cold and dark; the stream forgot to smile; the birds were silent; and the gloom of winter dwelt on everything.
– Charles Dickens
A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.
– James Dent
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
– Dilbert – Character created by Scott Adams.
All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
Among men the barber is cunning; among birds the crow; among beasts the jackal; and among women, the malin (flower girl).
And if you are not a bird, then beware of coming to rest above an abyss.
– Friedrich Nietzsche
And Rizpah the daughter of Aiah took sackcloth, and spread it for her upon the rock, from the beginning of harvest until water dropped upon them out of heaven, and suffered neither the birds of the air to rest on them by day, nor the beasts of the field by night.
And while I at length debate and beat the bush, There shall step in other men and catch the birds
*Quotes taken from many sources, some with no source information.
Authenticity not guaranteed. Quotes displayed as found.
- The Bruins Blog — Bruins release their inner beasts in message-sending practice
- Saturn’s Moon Discovery Leads to Speculation of Life » Tech Jackal
- THE PARADOX OF FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE…..BARRY RUBIN | RUTHFULLY YOURS
- ‘Fabio’ Is Youngest ‘Survivor’ Winner Ever » Gossip Jackal
- Min Hyo-rin as a flower girl for Vogue Girl » Dramabeans » Deconstructing korean dramas and kpop culture
- The Pigeon Racing Formula Opinions
- » The Gooney Bird flies on…and on…and on Unambiguously Ambidextrous